Sunday, February 10, 2013

FTL. For the Lose

After my humiliating, mind blowing, life changing realization about how much I suck on Friday, I wasn't sure I'd ever run again. So my scheduled day of crosstraining on Saturday was more than welcomed. Because I prefer the elliptical over running, I'm probably doing that wrong too! Either way, it was awesome to do something different.
But then I had to go back to running today. We had to do 3.5 miles and a little strength training afterwards. It was not a pretty run. I was severely demotivated and didn't want to do it the entire time. I told Leah I might not be able to run with her because it was so demotivating. Hopefully my mood changes and motivation increases!

I swear this training plan is probably going to kill me. I'm used to working out (running) 3 days a week.  Now I'm working out 6 out of 7 days/week, which can't be bad for me but still! I miss my couch and carbs. But I'm also hoping doing all the workouts suggested will help me get faster. Praying might be more accurate.

For strength training, I have to rely on someone to tell me what to do. Even though I'm mad at the Nike running app, they do have a training center app that I absolutely loved. Which led me to purchasing their Kinect game!
So far I love it! They make you do a little test before compiling a program to follow. You have to make sure you're always lined up well with the Kinect sensor so that all your moves are getting picked up correctly. Having perfect form and being told you don't is highly irritating. I may have yelled at my virtual trainer a few times using some colorful language... This is what you're screen looks like when you're doing the workout. It can really kick your butt!


I probably need to get some more variety in my life. I want to pick up a good yoga DVD and maybe even a Jillian Michaels DVD to scare me into doing some other strength training workouts. I'm just completely useless when it comes to figuring out a routine on my own. Thank goodness there are other people out there who will do it for me! Ah the joys of living overseas and not having a trendy gym or fitness center offering the latest and greatest. Rumor is there was a group of people who got together and taught some Crossfit. I would love to check it out if they ever started meeting again so I'm keeping an eye out. 

Oh and I got the hubs to start working out more too! Hoorayy. Bring it on bikini season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment